Translate

November 6, 2008

I Got Some... Lucchese Dancing Boots

If you're anything like me, you love buying new shoes. 2 weekends ago, I headed out on a mission to buy a new pair of cowboy boots. I live at the Jersey Shore and cowboy stores are few and far between so I headed up to Boot America in Turnersville, NJ. I believe it is the same store that used to be called Boot Village back when it was in Depford (across from the mall) in the late 90's. I always had luck there with my gynormous 'Neander-toes' {apparently size 10 is big for ladies boots}. I have checked out Cowtown Cowboy Outfitters & Zane's Western Ware in the past without luck because of my big feet.

My mom & I made it up to the boot store and Russ, the owner showed us a picture of a pair of handmade customized black boots with a custom Phantoms logo inlaid in the boot. They were nice, but not quite what I had in mind. I went there looking for a brown pair with black details. There were tons of boots to choose from. I must have spent an hour and a half looking and trying them on and dancing around the store to make sure they felt good. I found a gorgeous pair that were brown and black but they didn't have my size in stock so I ordered them. In the mean time, I had driven an hour and a half up there so I wanted to leave with a pair! Well, I found a gorgeous pair of tan Charlie 1 Horse boots by Lucchese with blue butterflys on the top of the foot so they show with jeans too. They even have a cowboy riding a bucking horse on the sole! I had to spurge & just get them. I am so in love with them that I've been wearing my new boots around the house with my sweatpants lol! :)Lucchese boots

2 comments:

lisa chan said...

I've been looking for a pair of linedance boot, soft and comfortable, also I have skinny leg with small calf, so I need something fit on the top of boots.So hard to find a right one.

lisa

lisa.prop@gmail.com

38 Step said...

Hi Lisa. Finding the perfect pair of cowboy boots can be a process but it's well worth the search. You might find the tips in Boots & Shoes for Line Dancing helpful.

Aside from being comfortable, one of the most important feature of cowboy boots for line dancing is leather soles. You will see stitching around the perimeter and often nails in the arch of leather soles. They should fit and your heel should slide. They will stretch in a few weeks to fit perfectly, just keep in mind that some people's feet swell slightly after hours on the dance floor. (i learned that the hard way, once got a pair 1/2 a size too small because they were on sale. not recomended!)
Good luck & have fun on your boot finding endeavor!